Hello, and welcome!!  Don't be shy and no need for anything fancy.  Just tell us who you are, and what brings you here.  We are happy to have you share with us!

Views: 8517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sharon,

Do you have Facebook? I have tons of photo's of Ayten on there and my daughter also has pics of her on her page.

According to the book of names that I was consulting Ayten means "guardian". We thought it would be a fitting name for her. Although lovingly she is called "A", or pink which was her collar color, and her registered name is Deania. Crazy huh?

Jaf looks like 1 big ball of muscle. Jenny is producing some incredible dogs. I have been paying attention to them when buyers post pics and havn't seen anything I didn't like. Granted there is more to a dog than looks but I have heard no complaints either. Looks like she is doing quite well!

If you don't have FB just let me know and I will attemp to post pics here. As far as Tashi's plans on litters goes you might get a more concrete answer if you checked in with her. Sorry I can't be of more help with that one.

Best of luck at the appraisal. Will be waiting to hear about his success!

Thanks,

Sherri

Sharon Bank said:
Ayten is a beautiful name. I can't wait to see pics of her. Do you know if Tashi is planning another breeding anytime soon?

The working dog seminar was a combination of both Sch and Ring Sports. We also did one protection session at a Sch Club, and we are working on obedience and tracking. Jaf is still a baby, so mostly I am working at home with him on obedience and tracking. He is scheduled to go to his 1st appraisal next week, and then I'll try to figure out what our next steps will be with training. I am considering PSA with him, but I haven't made any decisions.

How about you? I can't wait to see pics of Ayten!

Sharon

Sherri Loftis said:
Sharon,

His puppy cuteness has turned into a very handsome young dog! He's working too? What are you guys training for? Thanks for posting the photo's I will see if I can get some of Ayten loaded.

She is a great girl.

Sherri

Sharon Bank said:
Hi Sherri,

I hope all of your dogs are well. How is your girl? I posted some photos of Jaf as you asked. I would love to see some new pics of your girl too!

Sharon

Sherri Loftis said:
Sharon,

I havn't seen any photos of Jaf in a long time, but the last ones I saw were beautiful. Any chance you will post some or e-mail me some?

Thanks,

Sherri

Sharon Bank said:
Hi,

My name is Sharon and I have two Boerboels -- 1 red male that just turned 14 months and an Irish-marked brindle female that is 2-1/2 years. The male is Quo Vadis Barracuda (aka Jaf), bred by Jenny Wells, and the female is Power's Legendary Azaan (aka Azaan) bred by Tom Power.

I live in Sewickley Hills, in Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA. I also have horses here.

Sharon
Hello. My name is Eryn and I share my home in Arkansas with two boerboel littermate siblings, Estes Ashton and Estes Milan. I got my girl Ashton when she was a baby and her brother Milan when he was 8 mos old. And they both are 17 mos now! They are so much fun and everyday they make me smile. I had my first mastiff when I was 17 and he was an English Mastiff. I fell in love with the molossers after that.

Love the site! Its great to be contact with other boerboel lovers!

Eryn
Just a quick intro. Looking around at the members; I think most people know of myself and Dora; either through Facebook or other social sites.

Anyway; I'm Jenn Sider, live up her in Ontario Canada and my Boerboel is Proudfoot's Tad Bit O Tina (Dora). Nothing much to be said about Dora; except she's awesome. Her mother sold me on getting a puppy, and Dora's sold me and my family and friends on the Boerboel breed.

We have had some problems with the breed up here, (poor temperaments, poor health) and it's nice when a home-bred bitch can represent the breed to people and represent it well.

Anyway, hi everyone!
Hi, I am James Brennan of Coomore Boerboels in South Africa. I am originally from Ireland and moved to South Africa three years ago. I breed Boerboels of good temperament, who are obedient and biddable; large, powerful and muscular but also mobile and athletic. Size and power without movement or good temperament are to my mind both useless and not true to the conformation or character of the historical Boerboel. Good luck to this site.
Wanted to say hello and introduce myself. We have one Boerboel, a female puppy named Wilby Daisy Duke. We just call her Daisy. We couldn't be more in love with her! She is our first. I researched the breed for almost three years before we took the plunge! I had been communicating with her breeder via e-mail for about two years and I'm sure she thought we would never take the next step. ;-) When we heard that there was one puppy available, we decided there was no time like the present and went to see the puppy the next day! We've had her for a little less than a month and she is fitting in very well at our home. I continue to read everything I can about the breed and the people who love these dogs. Glad to be here and to have found this forum. I'll probably be lurking for a while.... still just absorbing all the information I can get!
Guess I will stop lurking and introduce myself! My name is Kate Nicholson, I own Wilby Boerboels. We currently have 8 boerboels. 2 older spayed and neutered and 4 intact females 1 breeding male and 1 male pup. We have had Boerboels for almost 7 years and have learned a lot in the process! I am always striving to produce dogs with excellent temperament and health as well as good looks :)
Hello everyone! Thanks to Topboerboel to invite us here from youtube! My name is Valeria. I live in Moscow region and own wonderful boerboel pup of 6.5 months old. I own a stables in Russia and my boer is helping me out to manage my small farm :) I got my puppy in Russia. His father is from South Africa (Middelpos Yester) and the mother was born in Russia (Julia).

Valeria & Daryi
Hi...this is Leah and Dave. We have a 10 month old (105 lb) boerboel Mabel. We got her at 7 weeks old from Mythology Boerboel in Miami Springs, Florida. We have never met another boerboel owner so we are excited to hear about other people's experiences and stories!

Our Mabel is super sweet and sensitive...kind of a cream puff. She will bark at a noise and then run behind her 35 lb sister who is a corgi/chow mix. We did not want a guard dog so this suits us just fine. She loves everyone...dogs, cats, kids,people. What a pleasure having a boerboel!
Hi, I'm Kristen Aiello in Massachusetts. My husband and I have a 10 year old lab/shepherd mix, and an 18 month old Boerboel named Musa. We are in love with him! He's a pet, not a working dog. Protective, but not agressive. We socialized him early and often and he just wants to play, play, play when he sees other dogs. We'll definitely be in the market for a female sometime in the future, they really are addictive!
Attachments:
Hello My name is Jeannie and back in April after we lost our English Bulldog to Cancer, my husband talked me into this massive dog!! I LOVE HIM!! Deuce is an amazing and oh so lovable 8 month old, 125 lb Boerboel that we purchased from a woman in Utah. He arrived to us on April 17th and only weighing 18 lbs. I figured, okay this won't be too bad!! Weand all I can say is WOW to how fast he has grown!! We have 3 boys ages 6,3 , and 1. Deuce can sometimes forget how large and powerful he is, but we're working on that everyday. Our youngest Logan is now able to crawl all over hime and the other two are starting to ride him. When he is outside people pass by using the other side of the street!! My husband Matt absolutely hates it when people refer to Deuce as just a 'Mastiff'!!!!
Hello all,

My name is Yondi. I have an 11 month old male boerboel named Whiskey. Ashley let me know of the site and I'm glad she did! We live in Texas, DFW area. Like most people new to the breed, I was unaware of most issues that seem to be fairly common with the breed.

The dog I had before was an American Bulldog. Her name was Dixie and she was wonderful! I had her from 12 weeks until she passed away in March 2009 from cancer at age 9 1/2. She was very dog aggressive and some people aggressive from the very first day I had her. I trained with her for the first 3 years beginning at 5 months old which gave me an extremely well behaved animal, however was told that to correct the aggression she needed to be trained to attack in order to know how to "call her off" if she ever did attack any person or animal. Luckily, I was able to avoid any serious incidents with her. That only made it much worse, and know much more now than I did 10 years ago and have a wonderful trainer now.

Whiskey has never displayed any worrisome behavior since the day I got him. I have posted a few pics, more to come.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Yondi
Hi everybody,
I am so glad that a chatsite was resurrected after the demise of Boerboel Enthusiast. OK.....let me introduce myself. I am Johan Swart, co-owner of Linjo Boerboels in Pretoria, South Africa and Chairperson of the Elite Boerboel Breeders association of South Africa (EBBASA). My grandfather started breeding Boerboel long before any Boerboel association existed (1950's) and I've know and loved the breed since my first childhood memories......and I'm getting long in the tooth too!
I'm not a very good "chat site" correspondent but I will respond as soon as a rather hectic schedule of appraisals, training and, sometimes work, allows!
Boerboel greetings
Johan Swart

Reply to Discussion

RSS

TopBoerboelShop

Latest Activity

Ronald Morris updated their profile
Apr 20
Al Mackenzie / Danielle Nunn updated their profile
Apr 19
Profile IconLisa, Shanti kebs, June Louis Reyes and 38 more joined Top Boerboel
Apr 19
Jame Aciaa liked Kim Ann Wurtz's discussion obsessive Water drinking
Dec 19, 2022
Jame Aciaa liked Kim Ann Wurtz's discussion obsessive Water drinking
Dec 18, 2022
Profile IconOku Christopher Ekpeyong, Frisco D, Wout vanleeuwen and 3 more joined Top Boerboel
Aug 24, 2021
Webster chembe posted photos
May 30, 2021
Profile IconYusuf Engar, Dunamis Kennels, Troy Campbell and 2 more joined Top Boerboel
May 29, 2021
Sheila Terrault updated their profile
Apr 7, 2021
Profile IconJohn R Douglass, Reese Bohama, Malcolm Poulton and 24 more joined Top Boerboel
Apr 1, 2021
Sweet Pea updated their profile
Jan 2, 2021
Profile IconDaniel Clifford and Goran Vukovic joined Top Boerboel
Jul 18, 2020
Penny Crawford is now a member of Top Boerboel
Jun 28, 2020

Admin
Marco replied to Kim Ann Wurtz's discussion obsessive Water drinking
"Hello Kim welcome and thanks for posting.  Sorry to hear you having trouble with your puppy.  First off have you taken her to the vet?  Do they know of the situation?  Have they taken a urine sample?  If your girl has a UTI…"
Jun 25, 2020
Profile IconPiero and Sandra Smith joined Top Boerboel
Jun 25, 2020
Kim Ann Wurtz posted a discussion

obsessive Water drinking

Our 12 week old Boerboel wants to drink water - she has had a urinary infection that we have been treating.. but this is crazy... she searches for mud puddles, rain, condensation... drinks until she is miserable and burping then lays around and pees... potty training is near impossible as she is more interested in water than life... ANY IDEAS? See More
Jun 9, 2020
Kizzy Moonga is now a member of Top Boerboel
May 23, 2020

Admin
Marco liked Reggie Follett's blog post discovery
May 17, 2020
Profile IconSimba Zed and Tswap joined Top Boerboel
May 17, 2020
Profile IconLenzerl Espy, Adnaan Morris, Angie Cromhout and 4 more joined Top Boerboel
May 3, 2020

Follow us

© 2024   Created by Marco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service