Hello, and welcome!!  Don't be shy and no need for anything fancy.  Just tell us who you are, and what brings you here.  We are happy to have you share with us!

Views: 8517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm Urs and along with my other half Steve we live in Sussex over here in the UK. We own 3 BBs, currently we have 2 living with us, we have Snoop who is approaching 3 years old and Sheeba who is almost 2. Our third Skye will be joining us very soon we hope once we have moved into our house in the country, Skye currently lives in Florida after travelling from QuoVadis in SA.
Hey guys!! I want to say thanks to Marco for inviting me to join this awesome site!! My name is David and I have a 20 week old Boerboel named "Bas" (Pronounced Boss) He is from Spitsvuur and his parents are Uil and Rani. Thanks for having us!
Hi To Everyone Old and New!

My name is Marcella ( Marci to my close friends ) and I own Proudfoot Kennels in Ontario Canada.
We have been with the boerboel breed now for just about 8 years or so now and have bred only a few select litters while building our own bloodline.
It's nice to see some familiar faces here, while getting to know some new ones...
We currently live with 6 boerboels, 5 females and 1 male, while co-owning/promoting a couple of different dogs within my breeding program so that no dogs have to live or be raised within a kennelled environment.

Regards,
Marcella Burgess
www.proudfootboerboels.weebly.com
Hi everyone my name is Justin. The girlfriend (T.Ann) and I have two mastiffs at the moment, a Boerboel named "Baden Kaizen" and a Cane Corso named "Colossal Bocca Inzaghi".

They both turned one not very long ago, and we are loving every minute we have with them.
Hi, I'm Kim. I have two Boerboels, Sweet Pea (almost 3) and Bear (almost 2). It goes by so quick because I swear they were just puppies!
Hi Guys,

My name is Sherri Loftis and I have 1 Boerboel. A gorgeous, talented working girl who just turned 28 months old. Dichotomy Deania-Batu BST (aka Ayten) She is my first Boerboel but certainly not the last. We also have Rottweilers. An 8 yr old female, a 6 yr old male, a 5 yr old female and a 29 month old female. Everyone competes in Schutzhund or Personal Protection and everyone but the male shows.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Sherri
Sharon,

I havn't seen any photos of Jaf in a long time, but the last ones I saw were beautiful. Any chance you will post some or e-mail me some?

Thanks,

Sherri

Sharon Bank said:
Hi,

My name is Sharon and I have two Boerboels -- 1 red male that just turned 14 months and an Irish-marked brindle female that is 2-1/2 years. The male is Quo Vadis Barracuda (aka Jaf), bred by Jenny Wells, and the female is Power's Legendary Azaan (aka Azaan) bred by Tom Power.

I live in Sewickley Hills, in Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA. I also have horses here.

Sharon
Hi Sherri,

I hope all of your dogs are well. How is your girl? I posted some photos of Jaf as you asked. I would love to see some new pics of your girl too!

Sharon

Sherri Loftis said:
Sharon,

I havn't seen any photos of Jaf in a long time, but the last ones I saw were beautiful. Any chance you will post some or e-mail me some?

Thanks,

Sherri

Sharon Bank said:
Hi,

My name is Sharon and I have two Boerboels -- 1 red male that just turned 14 months and an Irish-marked brindle female that is 2-1/2 years. The male is Quo Vadis Barracuda (aka Jaf), bred by Jenny Wells, and the female is Power's Legendary Azaan (aka Azaan) bred by Tom Power.

I live in Sewickley Hills, in Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA. I also have horses here.

Sharon
Hi my name is Darren of Argus Boerboels in Scotland. I have 5 boerboels ranging from 8 1/2 down to 18 months ( 3 males and 2 females). Also have chickens, ferrets, cats and turkeys ( the turkeys will be gone for Xmas).
Sharon,

His puppy cuteness has turned into a very handsome young dog! He's working too? What are you guys training for? Thanks for posting the photo's I will see if I can get some of Ayten loaded.

She is a great girl.

Sherri

Sharon Bank said:
Hi Sherri,

I hope all of your dogs are well. How is your girl? I posted some photos of Jaf as you asked. I would love to see some new pics of your girl too!

Sharon

Sherri Loftis said:
Sharon,

Thanks,

Sherri

Sharon Bank said:
Hi,

Sharon
Ayten is a beautiful name. I can't wait to see pics of her. Do you know if Tashi is planning another breeding anytime soon?

The working dog seminar was a combination of both Sch and Ring Sports. We also did one protection session at a Sch Club, and we are working on obedience and tracking. Jaf is still a baby, so mostly I am working at home with him on obedience and tracking. He is scheduled to go to his 1st appraisal next week, and then I'll try to figure out what our next steps will be with training. I am considering PSA with him, but I haven't made any decisions.

How about you? I can't wait to see pics of Ayten!

Sharon

Sherri Loftis said:
Sharon,

His puppy cuteness has turned into a very handsome young dog! He's working too? What are you guys training for? Thanks for posting the photo's I will see if I can get some of Ayten loaded.

She is a great girl.

Sherri

Sharon Bank said:
Hi Sherri,

Sharon

Sherri Loftis said:
Sharon,

Thanks,

Sherri

Sharon Bank said:
Hi,

Sharon
Hey everyone! Wayne here from Utah. My family and I rescued our 3 year old Boerboel, Sampson about 2 months ago. It's hard to believe it hasn't been longer than that because I can't imagine our home without him. He's such an amazing dog!

I had a Dogue de Bordeaux (Belle) in the 90's and absolutely fell in love with Mastiffs, but have been reading about Boerboel's for quite a while now and knew that I was really leaning that way with our next dog. I wasn't necessarily looking to get a puppy though, so I assumed we would probably be looking at a rescue situation or a retiring breeder and ended up on the rescue end of things.

One transition piece that we had to pay a little extra attention to was that 3 of our 4 kids are adopted from Ethiopia and 2 of them had some bad experiences with dogs growing up. They had been around dogs (in our home) since we adopted them, but a 140 pound Boerboel can be a little intimidating to someone who hasn't been around dogs their size. One accepting little factor for them was that he too "was from Africa", so that was pretty cool to them. It's funny to see them with him now. They love and hug on him all the time. Even my oldest (19 years old now), who has the scars on her legs to prove why she was afraid of dogs in Ethiopia. It seems like he spreads himself around and spends a little time with everyone in their bedrooms every day. They all talk about things like "One day, when I'm out of college and have my own place, I'm going to get a black Boerboel and we're going to...etc"

Anyways, I'm rambling now. Glad to have found a place full of Boerboel fans!

Thanks!
Wayne

Reply to Discussion

RSS

TopBoerboelShop

Latest Activity

Ronald Morris updated their profile
Apr 20
Al Mackenzie / Danielle Nunn updated their profile
Apr 19
Profile IconLisa, Shanti kebs, June Louis Reyes and 38 more joined Top Boerboel
Apr 19
Jame Aciaa liked Kim Ann Wurtz's discussion obsessive Water drinking
Dec 19, 2022
Jame Aciaa liked Kim Ann Wurtz's discussion obsessive Water drinking
Dec 18, 2022
Profile IconOku Christopher Ekpeyong, Frisco D, Wout vanleeuwen and 3 more joined Top Boerboel
Aug 24, 2021
Webster chembe posted photos
May 30, 2021
Profile IconYusuf Engar, Dunamis Kennels, Troy Campbell and 2 more joined Top Boerboel
May 29, 2021
Sheila Terrault updated their profile
Apr 7, 2021
Profile IconJohn R Douglass, Reese Bohama, Malcolm Poulton and 24 more joined Top Boerboel
Apr 1, 2021
Sweet Pea updated their profile
Jan 2, 2021
Profile IconDaniel Clifford and Goran Vukovic joined Top Boerboel
Jul 18, 2020
Penny Crawford is now a member of Top Boerboel
Jun 28, 2020

Admin
Marco replied to Kim Ann Wurtz's discussion obsessive Water drinking
"Hello Kim welcome and thanks for posting.  Sorry to hear you having trouble with your puppy.  First off have you taken her to the vet?  Do they know of the situation?  Have they taken a urine sample?  If your girl has a UTI…"
Jun 25, 2020
Profile IconPiero and Sandra Smith joined Top Boerboel
Jun 25, 2020
Kim Ann Wurtz posted a discussion

obsessive Water drinking

Our 12 week old Boerboel wants to drink water - she has had a urinary infection that we have been treating.. but this is crazy... she searches for mud puddles, rain, condensation... drinks until she is miserable and burping then lays around and pees... potty training is near impossible as she is more interested in water than life... ANY IDEAS? See More
Jun 9, 2020
Kizzy Moonga is now a member of Top Boerboel
May 23, 2020

Admin
Marco liked Reggie Follett's blog post discovery
May 17, 2020
Profile IconSimba Zed and Tswap joined Top Boerboel
May 17, 2020
Profile IconLenzerl Espy, Adnaan Morris, Angie Cromhout and 4 more joined Top Boerboel
May 3, 2020

Follow us

© 2024   Created by Marco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service