Hello, and welcome!!  Don't be shy and no need for anything fancy.  Just tell us who you are, and what brings you here.  We are happy to have you share with us!

Views: 8528

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello my name is Kim and I have a boerboel that is 19 wks old. His name is Zareb. I call him Zar . I came across this sight when I was googling information about some issues I am  having with Zar and I decided to join. This is my first boerboel and I have  several questions. I am hoping to learn from other people who have had their boerboels longer .

Hi Kim and welcome!

They are very helpful on this site. And, Marco posts links to sites that can answer your questions if no one else can.

~Lisa

Thank you. I'm having trouble with Zar's ears "flopping". I taped them like the breeder suggested and  it has been a couple of weeks and he still isn't holding them up like he did when I first brought him home.

Hello everyone  yes my puppy is from copperhead out of Maranati Munyati and Midwest Phipher.  Both parents are huge they are some of the most beautiful boerboels I've ever seen.  Apollo is now 19 weeks old and he grows bigger everyday.  He is amazing.

Hi Kim and Dennis Welcome. @ Kim not sure what you mean about floppy ears, are they longer than usual? Is that what you mean? Ok have a good one. Peace Lee

My name is robin hewitson i live in port elisabeth south africa And im in love with an eighteen month old boerboel I thought my bloodhound was the ultimate dog till my daughter brought us a bb to look after Zahrah has captured all our hearts with her wonderful nature Learning about her and exercising her has been a great adventure I joined this site hoping to learn about feeding raw cause i feel guilty every time i watch her gobble down a bowl of sawdust pretending its a recent kill ..and allergies She has a mystery allergy that someone has to know something about This site looks interesting Rob

Hey Rob Welcome. Enjoy the site there are a lot of good people here and great info. Peace Lee

Hi Robin.

We'll all have that BB fever here. I feel as you do, guilty that I feed my dog this crap, although it is premium $50 a bag and he just refuses to eat it. I can't say I really blame him. Anyway, I bought a book and there is lots of info on here about feeding raw and I think I am going to take the plunge. My dog is begging me for it! It will be a lot more work but I think he is definitely worth it! Enjoy the site and welcome!

~Lisa

Hi lisa

how do you plan to get started

im keen to get back  to raw after two bags of hills zd have made no difference to the allergy

I was told chicken necks were a good place to start and for a month zahrah happily gobbled down a kg at a sitting in a minute flat

But her allergy got worse

So i started worrying about battery chickens and went back to the vet

Back to saw dust

Id love to find a raw solution

whats your plan

Rob

Maybe it's chicken that he's allergic to? Maybe you didn't give it long enough? Idk, but I'm going to start him on a half chicken first. I am reading up on it and Marco gave me a good link to start as well. You'll find it under Boerboel Diet here. He hasn't been eating anything. I don't know how he's surviving honestly. I started giving him table scraps mixed in with the kibble. He'll eat the meat scraps and spit out the kibble. I'm worried that he's not getting the proper nutrients so I am reading how to supplement etc. I gave him 3 scrambled eggs and a sausage with one cup of his kibble, his vit C, joint supplement and salmon oil this morning and he ate almost all of it leaving about 20 pieces of kibble which is the most he's eaten in days. He doesn't really get many treats either. I'll let you know how he does.

~Lisa

Lisa, you should move this conversation to the diet section or Marco will be after you, that's the same thing we did remember?

haha...thanks Jay!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

TopBoerboelShop

Latest Activity

Ronald Morris updated their profile
Thursday
Ronald Morris updated their profile
Apr 20
Al Mackenzie / Danielle Nunn updated their profile
Apr 19
Profile IconLisa, Shanti kebs, June Louis Reyes and 38 more joined Top Boerboel
Apr 19
Jame Aciaa liked Kim Ann Wurtz's discussion obsessive Water drinking
Dec 19, 2022
Jame Aciaa liked Kim Ann Wurtz's discussion obsessive Water drinking
Dec 18, 2022
Profile IconOku Christopher Ekpeyong, Frisco D, Wout vanleeuwen and 3 more joined Top Boerboel
Aug 24, 2021
Webster chembe posted photos
May 30, 2021
Profile IconYusuf Engar, Dunamis Kennels, Troy Campbell and 2 more joined Top Boerboel
May 29, 2021
Sheila Terrault updated their profile
Apr 7, 2021
Profile IconJohn R Douglass, Reese Bohama, Malcolm Poulton and 24 more joined Top Boerboel
Apr 1, 2021
Sweet Pea updated their profile
Jan 2, 2021
Profile IconDaniel Clifford and Goran Vukovic joined Top Boerboel
Jul 18, 2020
Penny Crawford is now a member of Top Boerboel
Jun 28, 2020

Admin
Marco replied to Kim Ann Wurtz's discussion obsessive Water drinking
"Hello Kim welcome and thanks for posting.  Sorry to hear you having trouble with your puppy.  First off have you taken her to the vet?  Do they know of the situation?  Have they taken a urine sample?  If your girl has a UTI…"
Jun 25, 2020
Profile IconPiero and Sandra Smith joined Top Boerboel
Jun 25, 2020
Kim Ann Wurtz posted a discussion

obsessive Water drinking

Our 12 week old Boerboel wants to drink water - she has had a urinary infection that we have been treating.. but this is crazy... she searches for mud puddles, rain, condensation... drinks until she is miserable and burping then lays around and pees... potty training is near impossible as she is more interested in water than life... ANY IDEAS? See More
Jun 9, 2020
Kizzy Moonga is now a member of Top Boerboel
May 23, 2020

Admin
Marco liked Reggie Follett's blog post discovery
May 17, 2020
Profile IconSimba Zed and Tswap joined Top Boerboel
May 17, 2020

Follow us

© 2024   Created by Marco.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service